Never Underestimate the Power of Scrap
The metal supplier I frequently obtain my raw materials most of the time has at least some drops or cast offs. While going through the scrap bin, I found these 4 wonderful 1/8″ thick steel panels. They appear to be for an instrument with perhaps a video screen or some kind of monitor. They were probably discarded because errors in plasma cutting or wrong positioning of holes etc.. Never the less, I snagged them up already seeing their mid century appeal.
My first project was this abstract mid century wall hanging with a decidingly southwestern color scheme. I made this in early September when it was still 90 degrees with the idea of fall colors. I used all oil based colors for this on the main body and water based gold acrylic on the “attenas”. A nice lady from Phoenix purchased this from my Etsy shop last week. I made out OK. Next panel I want a simular design but with a range of blue hues. More later.
- Steel Shelf for Storage (jtbmetaldesigns.wordpress.com)
- Metal Fabrication – A Bit Of History That Never Stops (downeybert.wordpress.com)
- Scrap metal recyclers offers good price for your scrap metals (finemetalrecyclers.wordpress.com)
- Lightning CNC, Corp Introduces New Plasma-Router Tables! (listfree.org)
- Welding Project #1 (papershepherd.wordpress.com)
- Our Metalic Fall Mantel- White and Gold is the new Orange (cherneeshouse.wordpress.com)